Tag as favorite
REGARDING KOREAN PT2 SERVER SHUT DOWN
[GM]Mushu
#1 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 3:58:50 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello Soldiers of the Priston!

GK team has noticed that words are spleading around regarding Priston Tale 2 Korean server shut down and many of you are concerned about this.

However please remember that WE ARE NOT EFFECTED BY KOREAN SERVER SHUT DOWN!

We, Gamerkraft will continue to service Priston Tale 2 on Gamerkraft portal.

Please contact our support team if you have further questions or concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you all!
NovaSky
#2 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 4:03:05 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered, DG

Was thanked: 224 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Fast answer.

Thanks for letting us know so fast. ;)
NovaSky Dark Hunter, Leader of EnigmaBR.

Hausmeister
#3 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 4:11:21 PM

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 19 post(s)
So how about updates for THIS version ???

If koreans shut down their server i kinda doubt that pt2 is in any kind of development which would make any service from GK useless .... in some ways.

Regards
„Das Gegenteil von schlecht muss nicht gut sein - es kann noch schlechter sein.“
------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Watzlawick

Ayreon - The Fifth Extinction
Ayreon - The Sixth Extinction

IGN: Sofina (Sophina before "server merge" and at KTP) --- bored ---
LVL: 61
Class: Priestess ( full support )

Clan:
lCatastrophicl
#4 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 4:13:52 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
KOREAN, KEYTOPLAY ALL DOWN NEXT GAMEKRAFT
pordioscarlos
#5 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 5:17:58 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Español: No se, no se, ... no me fio. Esto huele raro. Creo que nos van a volver ha hacer la jugada. Por si acaso, yo ya no recargo más GK , hasta que se aclare todo un poco más.
Mensaje para los GM: Queremos más mapas y más niveles, por ejemplo llegar a 8x , mapas 8x y otra raza. Con estos cambios la gente no se iria ni tendriamos que cerrar los servers.

English: Something smells funny

[1] Ser miembro de HEROES.
[2] PristonTale2 en ESPAÑOL
[3] Title's Info.

Paladin 7x, Priest 6x, Combatant 5x, DarkHunter 5x, Archer 5x, Druid 5x, Shadow 4x.

AribethTylmr
#6 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 5:30:38 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 38 post(s)
[GM wrote:
Mushu]

GK team has noticed that words are spleading around regarding Priston Tale 2 Korean server shut down and many of you are concerned about this.

Please contact our support team if you have further questions or concerns regarding this issue.

Thank you all!

well .. that's not all true ..

I have not yet seen the news about gamerkraft buying the rights to develop pt2 ..

then who or how to launch expansions.?

We will keep here until December?
until gamerkarft recover the investment or how they will support that they are going to continue to develop normally?

before, say, not to open anything more to the 79?

how sad ..!

» AribethTylmr »
Archangel LvL 79
ex sublider DevilMayCry Clan
ex Honorary ST Clan
ex Honorary HC Clan
ex Honorary EnigmaBr Clan
Sublider UltimaXForce Clan

>>RetsuUnohana >>
Archangel LvL 70

Honorary member UltimaXforce Clan
TufiTifa
#7 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 7:10:41 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Bring the old Version Back ! them the game wouldn't be like this :)
RedRibbon Tifa

lCloudl Shadow 79
RedRibbon- Lider
TheTrue
#8 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 7:39:59 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

We'll never see new updates =/
Kak
#9 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 8:07:30 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
right ... then you will only keep the server
but the YD gave you the full right to change the game interface?or you are still submissive to them,nor would it have been canceled there.
If you are with that right, it's good run to make changes in the game,it exists only thanks to the love we have.
think about it, use the Korean server as an example

I do not want pt2 be abandoned(more than) with the closure of the main server

Kak
#10 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 8:19:03 PM

Medals:

AribethTylmr wrote:
[GM wrote:
Mushu]

Thank you all!

well .. that's not all true ..

I have not yet seen the news about gamerkraft buying the rights to develop pt2 ..

then who or how to launch expansions.?

We will keep here until December?
until gamerkarft recover the investment or how they will support that they are going to continue to develop normally?

before, say, not to open anything more to the 79?

how sad ..!

the last update already there in korea
see the interface

into thinking that an update has the power to close a server

KurosakiIchigo
#11 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 8:22:37 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Lol! End game? =/
1 user thanked KurosakiIchigo for this useful post.
ibieli88 on 8/6/2012
XxLinkxX
#12 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 8:28:26 PM

Medals:

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
TufiTifa wrote:
Bring the old Version Back ! them the game wouldn't be like this :)

hard times ...
"As quatro coisas que não voltam para trás: A pedra atirada, a palavra dita, a ocasião perdida e o tempo passado."

"The four things that do not come back: A stone's throw, the spoken word, the time lost and time spent."

Enforcing the sentence: "Mercenaries line up in hell"

LinkGodOfWar [Valiant (Knight of Legend) 79]
Kak
#13 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2012 8:31:12 PM

Medals:

can give a name for closing...RENEWAL

HeLLKliLLer
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:07:53 AM

Medals:

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 18 post(s)
PLEASE GM MERGE TO SERVERS.... MORE PEOPLE TO PT2. \O/.....
LordMercenario
DarkHunter 79
JAMAIS PERDI XP E PENDANTS EM WAR
Clan: RedRibbon

"Nossa historia é criada com sangue dos inimigos"

ladyodin
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:27:15 AM

Medals:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
larga de ser burro, lordnoob....affff como fundir servidor?? Pra vc fundir duas coisas essas coisas precisam existir e o servidor koreano fez kaput! Como fundir algo com algo que não existe mais, sua mula?

e aproveita e larga de ser mentiroso e para com isso de que nunca perdeu pendante e exp em guerra....burro e mentiroso.....só a rr fa isso por vc...
Greybaer
#16 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:50:55 AM

Medals:

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Pochia wrote:
Greybaer wrote:
|GM|Dahousie wrote:

The results of the "Renewal" survey are in! As promised, the survey results have been published to the Priston Tale 2 forums.

The survey response was overwhelming and GamerKraft would like to extend it's utmost gratitude to all those players that participated. Your responses have already been put to good use as part of an upcoming patch.

Stop me if youve read this before....

Quote:

Where/when have you played Priston Tale 2 before?
1) YD Online Beta Phase (Korean) -- 11%
2) First Publisher in 2009 -- 35%
3) GamerKraft Closed Beta(April 29, 2010 – May 13, 2010) -- 12%
4) GamerKraft Open Beta (May 14, 2010 – July 16, 2010) -- 41%

So, everyone polled was playing prior to Renewal. Or, there was a missing reponse on some of the polled people where an AFTER RENEWAL was not an option - as all of their responses should have been filtered out. You cannot just look at the account date as you had already disqualified the shared IP accounts.

Quote:

What is the main class you play currently (or what class have you played the most)?
1) Morion: Paladin -- 12%
2) Morion: Valiant -- 7%
3) Morion: Priestess -- 11%
4) Morion: Magician -- 10%
5) Morion: Conjurer -- 4%
6) Tempskron: Warrior -- 7%
7) Tempskron: Combatant -- 14%
8) Tempskron: Archer -- 5%
9) Tempskron: Atalanta -- 5%
10) Sophetio: Shadow -- 11%
11) Sophetio: Dark Hunter -- 7%
12) Sophetio: Druid -- 2%
13) Sophetio: Shaman -- 5%

To note, notice the VARIETY of classes that were played prior? This question did not take into account ALTERNATES, but still showed a wide VARIETY.

Quote:

What level have you reached with this class?
1) I’m between level 1 to 20. -- 18%
2) I’m between level 21 to 30. -- 17%
3) I’m between level 31 to 40. -- 18%
4) I’m over level 41. -- 48%

This determined the need for higher level content and the focus, but also the need to slow down the ascent. This is what happens when a game rolls from BETA to ACTIVE without a player wipe.

A cross reference with the length of time played would also have been nice.

Quote:

How do you feel about this class at the moment (after the Renewal Update)?
1) I think it has been improved! -- 19%
2) It’s fine. -- 22%
3) I don’t like it as much as before. -- 32%
4) I don’t like this class anymore! -- 21%
5) I don’t know. -- 6%

Never even addressed. 32% said I DO NOT LIKE IT AS MUCH AS BEFORE. The game changed, the players responded, the developers did not.

Quote:

How do you like the Skill System after the Renewal Update?
1) It’s good. I like the idea of being able to reset my skills with a skill reset book. -- 28%
2) The skills are okay, but the animations need work. -- 20%
3) The skills are completely different from before. I’m totally confused now. I don’t know how to play anymore. -- 21%
4) It’s terrible. The changes in the skill system have made my class unbalanced or less meaningful. -- 31%

You can sit there and say that the responses were close, but when you look at them, the responses were majorly negative.....Animations need work, Changes unbalanced or made classes meaningless, and the skills were completely different....

Yeah, the Major Skill BALANCE patch fixed this (NOT). Lets make classes more the same, EVERYONE NEEDS A STUN....so that wont make them want to play a WARRIOR at all.

Quote:

The Rest skill is no longer a standard skill for all classes from the start as it was before. In the Renewal update, characters must rely on the Potion of Vitality to recover health while outside of battle and still being able to move around. What do you think of this?
1) I like this new system. It allows me to move to a new location while recovering health. -- 23%
2) It’s okay, but obtaining the Potions of Vitality isn’t as easy / inexpensive as it should be. -- 29%
3) I don’t like this new system. -- 42%
4) I have no preference. -- 5%

Developer response...Full steam ahead....lets make the POTS 100 wgt.....patches later, lets make them 10 wgt..... turn of the year patch, lets make them 100 wgt again.

MAKE UP YOUR F'n MIND. But be damned that the system was very unwelcomed.

Quote:

There have been many topics concerning the situation with the armour system. What is your preference?
1) I like the original armour system. -- 36%
2) I don’t mind the unique levels, but please bring back the original armour models and skins. -- 18%
3) I don’t care about the look and style so much, but please bring back the original level requirements (the original ABC system). -- 21%
4) I like the Renewal version. -- 10%
5) I have no preference / I don’t know -- 15%

Hmm...Original? ABC.

Quote:

Which one of these is most important to you?
1) Grinding and levelling up -- 44%
2) PvP Modes (Player versus Player) -- 15%
3) Story and environments -- 18%
4) Customization (for pet, character equipment, item upgrades) -- 24%

Definitely had alot of old school PT1 players in those that were polled....but then, if we had had a larger portion in the other 3 categories, how would that have changed the EXP ratios presently......

Quote:

Aside from the bugs that have yet to be fixed, what do you think is the best feature included in the Renewal Update?
1) Buy / Sell system -- 60%
2) Skill system -- 20% <---Not the best
3) Clan Arena -- 20% <---Not the best

Skill and Clan were the two most DISLIKED FEATURES....and yet so little has happened to fix the SKILLS SYSTEM.

BTW, I want to point out how little has been done to address the BUGS THAT HAVE YET TO BE FIXED.

Its sad when you know there is a problem...ITs worse when the problems still exist over half a year later.

Quote:

What is your overall impression of the Renewal Update?
1) There are major bugs to be repaired; otherwise I like all the new features it brings. -- 32%
2) Armour skins and defence against attacks are the ONLY thing I would request be fixed. Everything else new to the Renewal update is fine, aside from some minor bugs. -- 31%
3) I wouldn’t like the Renewal version even if the bugs were repaired. I prefer the Closed Beta version. -- 36%

And here is what I was leading upto....took the long route to get to this final quote.

I didnt like RENEWAL, I still do not like RENEWAL. But the good thing is that with all the players that have left, and all the new players that never played prior to RENEWAL, the answers to this poll would be different today.

What mayhaps you should have done is actually DEVELOPED the old PT2 - PostRENEWAL inhouse under the licensing agreement that you already had on the EDAS server. Since the core components are the same, then you would have had a game more inclined to be accepted by those not in ASIAN countries. *

This poll and its responses showed alot of areas that the game needed to address, but it showed more that the game was in trouble under its present course of action.

I totally agree. And doind as you said, we would have a better game not only to those who have never played the game PRIOR to the Renewal patch but also at least 60% of the players who had left the game would be back playing it. Skill system, Rest Potion, Skins, Death Penalty (it also includes Ressurection Skill) should be fixed. It's past 8 months now sinse you've (GK) promised to fix those problems. Oh... and where are you (GMs and Developers) now that this post has gotten big and yet we haven't got answered ?

Greybaer
#17 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:00:47 AM

Medals:

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 50 post(s)
So seriously, here we are months after a PATCH was supposed to be implemented on the LIVE server. Nothing is being fixed. The Korean server version was different than this one for some time, and you think its going to stay up and running?

Greybaer wrote:
|GM|Dahousie wrote:
One thing I want to make clear is that the reason we want to keep most features same as KOREAN PT2 version is to reduce the chance of having bugs etc. When there are more versions, it is easier to mess up with something and developers have to keep up with fixing bugs from both version. Since Korean KTP version has been changed to renewal we want to make most of two servers same. It is probably painful right now but we are hoping to make it better from now on.

Actually the clan feature was patched on KTP version one month before so some bugs are already been fixed. Right now the only thing we found is that only clan leaders, vice leaders and honary members can use the buff. But regular members can still buy it but can not use them. We will try to post a video on guide page as soon as we can.

I will post another thread on player support section to collect all the bugs. For each of the bugs, I will keep a list to track if they are indeed a bug or not. And I will give you feedbacks if developers will be working on them or not.

Thanks for all your support and we all want to make this game better.

Best regards,

I just had to quote that before it disappeared.... I cannot carry more than 10 REGEN pots, if I want to pickup any loot, because of a change to both Korean and English version, but yet the AWELL change was only to ours...the Premium shops were only to ours...hmmmmm...I cannot figure this out, as they are the same or closer to the same how?

Sounds like we are getting further apart. *

ChaosOfWar
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:07:01 AM

Medals:

ladyodin wrote:
larga de ser burro, lordnoob....affff como fundir servidor?? Pra vc fundir duas coisas essas coisas precisam existir e o servidor koreano fez kaput! Como fundir algo com algo que não existe mais, sua mula?

e aproveita e larga de ser mentiroso e para com isso de que nunca perdeu pendante e exp em guerra....burro e mentiroso.....só a rr fa isso por vc...

Bothers you I never lost pendant in war? Friend put his proof we discusses al.

With programation is possible.

ChaosOfWar
Class: Mage.
Level: 8X.
Clan Member.

8x Just another moron level.
Vai ficar de mimimi, compre um gato gago.
ClowsRJ
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:39:18 AM

Medals:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
ChaosOfWar wrote:
ladyodin wrote:

Bothers you I never lost pendant in war? Friend put his proof we discusses al.

With programation is possible.

Good is not only migrate databases there are other pending issues:

- Open level 8x KTP2 as the level goes up to the eighty-five.
- There are some items in KTP2 not been released here yet.
- There are shop items that were not released here yet.

Note: The migration is possible but until the GK will have to apply the necessary modifications.

ChaosOfWar
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:12:23 PM

Medals:

ClowsRJ wrote:

Good is not only migrate databases there are other pending issues:

- Open level 8x KTP2 as the level goes up to the eighty-five.
- There are some items in KTP2 not been released here yet.
- There are shop items that were not released here yet.

Note: The migration is possible but until the GK will have to apply the necessary modifications.

google translator.
I think the level 85 is nothing more to add some parameters already existing in the kpt2.
As for the items, they decide to add skins for the game in hexadecimal names and status of the game items are ready.
Maps, as verberatus can already be viewed using the in game finder npcs.

Taking advantage ... I think they should abaxar scrools values ​​of the site to match the currency used in Korea.

portuguese version spoiler.

Todos nos sairiamos ganhando.
Os players com mais players, os Clans com mais Clans em Arena, Os GMs com mais trabalho :)) a gk, com mais dinheiro.
ChaosOfWar
Class: Mage.
Level: 8X.
Clan Member.

8x Just another moron level.
Vai ficar de mimimi, compre um gato gago.